Nikon D3200 24 MP DSLR w/ 18-55 Lens - Black
Take your photos and videos to the next level. Unrivaled 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor for truly dazzling photos and Full HD 1080p movies in any light. Innovative Guide Mode to help you master the camera. HD-SLR power; point-and-shoot ease.
Take your photos and videos to the next level
24.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3
Why do photos and videos shot with a Nikon HD-SLR look so good? It all starts with Nikon’s exclusive image sensors, and the D3200 has the most powerful CMOS sensor we've ever put in a HD-SLR at this level. Boasting an astounding 24.2 effective megapixels, it captures sharper, richer images—even in low light. Combine that with EXPEED 3 image processing, the processing power behind the acclaimed Nikon D4, for super-fast operation, exceptional image capture, in-camera filter effects and more. Your photos and videos will amaze even you.
Master the camera simply by using it
Guide Mode ensures success
It’s never been easier to create HD-SLR quality photos, thanks to the D3200’s Guide Mode. Learn the camera’s key features and controls while you shoot, and even get advice and sample images to succeed in difficult shooting situations. Guide Mode is easy to access and easy to understand. You're never shooting alone with the D3200.
Capture the best of every scene
Six Scene Modes and Scene Auto Selector
Experienced photographers optimize their camera settings for the scene they're shooting. With the D3200, optimizing your camera settings is as easy as turning a dial. Choose from six common Scene Modes like Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape, Close up and more, for flawless results even in demanding circumstances. When using Live View, Scene Auto Selector automatically sets the D3200 for the most suitable Scene Mode for the situation. A highly accurate 420-pixel RGB sensor powers Nikon’s Scene Recognition System, which compares scene data against an extensive database to optimize the shot accordingly.
Create cinema-quality HD videos
One-touch Full HD 1080p movie recording with stereo sound
Nikon is committed to developing HD-SLRs that are not just superlative still image cameras, but superlative video cameras, as well. With a touch of a button, the D3200 starts recording Full HD 1080p video with full-time autofocus, manual exposure control and stereo sound. Its breathtaking 921,000-dot, ultra-high-resolution display makes it easy to frame, monitor and review your footage. Even record in super-smooth slow motion up to 60 fps! Unleash your inner cinematographer.
Get a new view of your world
Versatile AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm
Nikon’s renowned NIKKOR lenses have long been the choice of pros and serious photographers. Marvels of clarity, consistency, precision and reliability, they draw peak performance from Nikon HD-SLRs. The D3200 comes equipped with the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm, a versatile, high performance VR image stabilized lens. And when you're ready to expand your system and extend your creativity, you'll have your choice of over 70 legendary NIKKOR lenses.
Fast and accurate shooting
The D3200’s 11-point Autofocusing System is as fast as it is precise. Check your focus points, track your subject or shoot carefree right from the viewfinder. And when the action speeds up, simply aim, hold down the shutter and fire off approx. 4 fps at 24.2 MP resolution.
i-Fi Connectivity—Now you can easily get GREAT pictures on your smartphone
Using the WU-1a optional wireless mobile adapter you can now automatically send great images to your smartphone and even use your smartphone to remotely capture images from your D3200. With an easy to use app, now, when you can't wait to share that great shot, you don't have to. Share it to your smartphone in an instant.
Compact, lightweight and durable
Your D3200 is designed for comfort, intuitive use and durability. Its compact, lightweight and rugged body puts key controls at your fingertips. You'll never hesitate to bring along your D3200.
Dramatic low-light photos
The D3200's wide ISO range of 100 to 6400 allows for shooting in very low light without a flash or in very bright light with zoom, macro, fixed focal length or wide aperture lenses. For extreme low-light situations, set the ISO to Hi 1 and achieve ISO 12800 equivalent sensitivity.
- Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens Mount: Nikon F bayonet mount
- Picture Angle: Effective picture angle 1.5x (Approx.) conversion factor (Nikon DX format)
- Effective Pixels: 24.2 million
- Sensor Size: 23.2mm x 15.4mm
- Image Sensor: Format DX
- Image Sensor Type: CMOS
- Total Pixels: 24.7 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image sensor cleaning
- Image Area (pixels): DX-format ((L) 6,016 × 4,000, (M) 4,512 × 3,000, (S) 3,008 × 2,000)
- File Format: Still Images Compressed 12-bit NEF (RAW); JPEG: JPEG-Baseline Compliant with fine (approx 1:4), Normal (approx 1:8) or Basic (approx 1:16) Compression; NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single Photograph Recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG Formats
- Picture Control: Landscape; Monochrome; Neutral; Portrait; Selected Picture Control can be Modified; Standard; Vivid
- Storage Media: SD; SDHC; SDXC
- Card Slot: 1 Secure Digital (SD)
- File System: Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0; DPOF (Digital Print Order Format); EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras)
- Viewfinder: Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage: 95% Horizontal Approx.
- Viewfinder Magnification: 0.78x Approx.
- Viewfinder Eyepoint: 18mm (-1.0m¯¹)
- Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment: -1.7 to +0.5m¯¹
- Focusing Screen: Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- Reflex Mirror: Quick-return type
- Lens Aperture: Instant-return type
- Lens Compatibility at a Glance: AF-S Lens Required for Autofocus
- Compatible Lenses: AF NIKKOR for F3AF not Supported; AF-S, AF-I: All Functions Supported; AI-P NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II; Electronic Rangefinder can be used if Maximum Aperture is f/5.6 or Faster; IX NIKKOR Lenses Cannot be Used; Non-CPU: Autofocus not supported. Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function; Other AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II; Type G or D AF NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus; Type D PC NIKKOR: All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and some Shooting Modes
- Shutter type: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 to 30 sec.
- Fastest Shutter Speed: 1/4000 sec.
- Slowest Shutter Speed: 30 sec.
- Flash Sync Speed: Up to 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release Modes: Continuous; Delayed remote; Quick Response Remote Mode; Quiet shutter-release; Self-timer mode; Single-frame [S] mode
- Frame Advance Rate: Up to 4 fps (manual focus, mode M or S, shutter speed 1/250 sec or faster, and other settings at default values)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution: 4 frames per second
- Self-timer: 2, 5, 10, 20 sec. Timer duration electronically controlled
- Exposure Metering System: TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering Range: 0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20°C/68°F); 2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20°C/68°F)
- Exposure Meter: Coupling CPU
- Exposure Modes: Aperture-Priority Auto (A); Auto; Auto (flash off); Manual (M); Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P); Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
- Scene Modes: Auto; Auto [Flash Off]; Child; Close-up; Landscape; Night Portrait; Portrait; Sports
- Exposure Compensation: ±5 EV in increments of 1/3EV
- Exposure Lock: Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- Mirror Lock Up: Yes (for image sensor cleaning)
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 – 6400; Hi-1 (ISO 12,800)
- Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 100
- Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 6400
- Highest Expanded ISO Sensitivity: 1 EV above ISO 6400 (ISO 12800 equivalent)
- Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options: 1 EV above ISO 6400 (ISO 12800 equivalent)
- Autofocus System Nikon: Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
- Detection Range: -1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, 68°F/20°C)
- Flash Compensation: -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
What's In The Box
- Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera
- 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens
- EN-EL14 Battery
- MH-24 Battery Charger
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- DK-20 Rubber Eyecap
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
- BF-1B Body Cap
- ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
- Nikon Warranty
- (USB Cable is NOT included)
Shipping Cost: Free!
Return Policy: Within 30 in the original packaging